Winter for Hospital Commission
As hospital commissioner, I will be someone who bridges Valley Med back to our communities-- not just a vote. I have spent my years pushing for our neighborhoods and ensuring they are supported. I am a pathfinder and solutions builder. Don’t take my word for it, view the endorsements from our region below. These were earned through the work I have put into building up our communities and pushing for policies that uplift them.
As a commissioner I want to advance more equitable, accessible, affordable healthcare. Valley Medical is one of our region’s leading medical institutions with excellent programs for our region’s patients. I will push where we can for better patient care, better working conditions for hospital staff, and more affordability from our tax-funded hospital system.
I have established a career of nearly a decade as a software engineer and technology consultant, with businesses ranging from startups to multinational companies. I have served as the president and founder of an LGBTQ pride organization, and I have joined more organizations where I commit myself to putting back into a community that invests so much into me. I volunteer, such as with Emergency Response Teams taking regular, formal training in CPR, AEDs, and more as a way to help peers during an emergency or disaster response; also with the Regional Homelessness Authority for their point-in-time count, and Renton Counts for the US Census, critical to ensuring resources and funding get back to our communities. I strongly believe in equity and inclusion and have advocated for issues including racial justice, LGBTQIA+ equality, and housing.
I have the career experience, community background, and connections you can count on for success at our hospital commission. Thank you for your support!
State of Washington
- Lisa Wellman - State Senator
- David Hackney - State Representative
- Steve Bergquist - State Representative
- Marcie Maxwell - Former State Representative
- Dave Upthegrove - King County Council
- Chris Franco - Candidate for King County Council
- Dr. Shukri Olow - Candidate for King County Council
- Hamdi Mohamed - Candidate for Port of Seattle
- Toshiko Hasegawa - Candidate for Port of Seattle
- Krystal Marx - Burien City Council
- Krysta Strasbaugh - Renton Community Leader
- Kristiana de Leon - Black Diamond City Council
- Joe Bento - Kent School District
- Dawn Bennett - Candidate for Mayor of Kent
- Dr. Avanti Bergquist - Renton School Board
- Dr. Stefanie McIrvin - Renton School Board
- Angelina Benedetti - Renton City Council
- Kim-Khanh Van - Renton City Council
- Ryan McIrvin - Renton City Council
- Kevin Poole - Renton Inclusion Task Force
- Dr. Linda Smith - Renton Inclusion Task Force
- Charles Seil - Renton Planning Commission
- David Fleetwood - Renton Planning Commission
- Joe Todd - Candidate for Renton City Council
- Kate Kruller - Tukwila City Council
- Armen Papyan - Candidate for Tukwila City Council
Titles are for identification purposes only.
My Commitments to Community
Leadership / Service
- President, Renton LGBTQIA+ Community (2019-Present)
- Glass Leadership Institute, ADL (2021)
- Volunteer, Count Us In, Regional Homelessness Authority (2020)
- Volunteer, Renton Counts, US Census (2020)
- Rising Star Award (2020) - League of Extraordinary Givers, Renton Regional Community Foundation